Monday 6 April 2009

The First Week of Spring


This was a piece I did for Simone at discoballbreaker for her monthly selection of tunage that gets played in the shelter at al quoz... i think it goes on brochures and stuff. Anyway the theme was Spring / new beginnings etc so I wanted to create some funky little icons that I thought represented this. There's a panda that is growing from an acorn, a flower-power-hippy-looking girl, a mechanical twittering sparrow and an Elton John inspired love-heart.

All very cute and colourful, set on an experimental backdrop (it's the first time that I have really had a play round with photoshop layers for a piece) Anyway it was one of the most fun jobs I have had on in a while and definitely gave me some ideas for the new character set I am working on!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

awesome work mate

simone said...

you are my favourite designbunny, thank you!

here's some blog love in return : http://discoballbreaker.blogspot.com/2009/04/and-so-it-begins.html